Sunday 20 January 2013

18 things


Bucket List



After browsing Jamie Ayers blog I gave some thought to my own bucket-list  If I  included all the countries and places I wanted to see  then this  list would suddenly become much, much longer since a lot of my bucket list is travel related, but here below are 18 selections from my own list. It was really quite uplifting to do this and realised I'd already ticked quite a few things off!  Jamie Ayer's  intriguing book will be released on January the 24th and I will be interested to see the work in print after sampling her prologue!

1) Fall, madly, passionately in love
2) Get something I’ve written published
3) Make friends that will last a lifetime
4) Dance the tango in  Argentina
5) Doubt self
6) Visit  Barcelona and Andalusia
7) Believe in self
8) Visit the giants causeway in Ireland
9) Skinny dip on  a moonlit night
10) See the northern lights
11) Swim with dolphins
12) Visit as much of the world as possible
13) Actually do something romantic for valentine’s day for once
14) Have and raise a child of my own
15) Sing like no one’s listening
16) Dance like no one’s watching
17) Get heart battered 
18) Make a difference to someone's life (? probably already have :D)

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you've already crossed some items off your list! I've done #8,11, and 13:-) Good luck with the rest, and thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you actually wish beforehand to get your heart battered, or have you simply crossed it off in the hope that it will never happen again? 'Cause I gotta say, having experienced both, singing like no one's listening is WAY more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singing like no one is watching is definitely more enjoyable! As for having my heart battered I suppose it’s a bit of both. While not exactly fun I guess I always knew in some part of my brain that this is an important part of growing up, part of learning to love other people, part of learning to relate to the world around you. You have to learn what pain feels like in order to learn how to move beyond it and ignore it. So I guess I just wanted to have it happen so I could get the bad part over it and learn what I could from it. Kinda like how I hate flying…but like going places, so whenever I get on a plane what I really want is for that flight to be quick and soon over.

      Of course having had it happen, I now hope for it never to happen again, but I try not to live in fear of it, because now I know I can get through it.

      Delete
  3. P.S. Random.org picked you as a winner for a prize, so hop on over to my blog to claim:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, congratulations on the release!

      Delete